Tuesday, January 23, 2007

favorite night

one night I went to dinner with my mom and we were sitting next to an elderly couple and the old man started talking to us. he said they had been married for 43 years and it was his wife’s birthday. he started giving me advise on life and i really liked it. he said there's physical attraction and there's love and that physical attraction is good but its not love and i shouldn't confuse the two. he said his wife loves him and that they never argue about money. the whole time his wife was smiling and eating and nodding her head, i really liked her because i could tell she had heard him give this speech about a billion times but she didn't care that she had to hear it again, it was really good. he told me a bunch of other stuff too like how you should choose your friends wisely and that it takes a long time to make a real friend. he said you should hug people that are important and people that are regular and that he has hugged the mayor and that he hugs waiters and waitresses, at the end of dinner me and my mom hugged him. he said other stuff too but i can't remember all of it, it was one of my very favorite nights.

No comments: