Tuesday, January 30, 2007

work

i'm at work and i'm very bored and i have a lot of homework to do but i can't do it untill i leave work.

this is what i do at my job:
arrive at 9am
turn on the heat
plug in the printer
check the voicemail
go on my computer check my daily internet things and go online
my two bosses come in around 10 00 - 10 30
sometimes they have dvd reels for me to fed-ex
sometimes they have dvd reels for me to call a bike messenger to pick up
sometimes the phone rings and i say "monaghan and halpine . . . sure may i ask who's speaking . . . just a minute"
(monaghan and halpine when said quickly sounds like monaghan helpline)



at noon i go and get lunch for the three of us, they either want macy's and get "one tim's chopped salad and one goat cheese salad" or they want california pizza kitchen and order "one original chopped salad with garbonzo beans, one field greens salad with chicken and one pea soup." (i walk to macy's and take a taxi to cpk) i get to pick anything i want from either of those places for my lunch and they pay for it.
around 3 00 - 3 30 it's time for coffee, i go to starbucks and order some variation of a tall skim latte with a sugarfree pump of something and a quad expresso also with a pump of sugar free something, and then something for myself, i try to switch it up each time.
around 4 30 i empty all of the garbage cans and bring them to the garbage shoot



at 5 00 i pack up and say "ok i'll see you (the next day i'll be in) i'll take these packages, have a good night" and then i take any fed-ex packages to the fed-ex around the block
it's actually a really great job, i get free lunch that's usually too big for me to finish so it ends up being a free dinner too and i get most of my reading type homework done.

today i ordered a grande iced black tea with sweetener, it was great.

No comments: